Monday, November 17, 2008

Cartoon: The President's Blackberry

The news that Barack Obama will probably have to surrender his Blackberry during his time in office seems incongruous. With a torrent of suggestions flying for how the new U.S. president can use the Internet to govern, and given the role the Internet played in Obama's election, it's ironic that he may be spending much of his time disconnected from the hive mind.

Too bad. I'd dreamed he'd be using Twitterberry to share tidbits from NSA briefings ("OMFG @Biden - can you believe Libya is at it AGAIN?!"). At the very least, I was hoping he could liveblog his own inauguration: "12:03 pm - Putting my left hand on the Bible, raising my right. Then bringing both hands over to the keyboard to type this. Roberts is starting to look impatient."

Sponsor

I mean, geez... this could have been downright historic.

No comments: